Friday, January 31, 2014

THE BEST OF JANUARY: MY MAGICAL TERRACE ORGANIC VEGETABLES' GARDEN

 
It started as an experiment when prices of the Vegetables escalated to Rs. 80 /- to Rs. 100 /- a Kg in the last week of June 2013... the reasons: I could not afford to buy Vegetables for self at such an escalated prices... For SIX months, I refused to buy ONIONS (Rs. 60 to 100 /- a Kg) because I could not afford it. It was sheer madness and manipulation of the Corrupt Politicians to raise money for the elections (Big Corporations refused to give away moolah to Political Parties because of Stagnant Industrial Development under Manmohan Singh - Sonia Gandhi's regime) because India has been producing Food Grains, Vegetables and Fruits in abundance since the past few years...


I am grateful that such a situation arose and my small efforts, care, love, passion, affection towards growing my own Vegetables with the help of my Landlady and his Son's help and support, has seen the TEN POTS growing into a full fledged Terrace Garden... Yes, the expansion is continuous and more varieties are being introduced... and more innovative ways will be introduced in coming days...


My Magical Terrace Organic Vegetables' Garden is currently growing 20 plus varieties of Vegetables... We (my landlady's family and me) have savoured Pudina (Mint) / Tamatar (Tomatoes) / Lauki (Bottle Gourd) / Hari Pyanz (Shallots) / Gobi (Cauli Flowers) / Mulli (Radish)... Brinjals, Cabbage, Lettuce, Red Cabbage, Lady Fingers, Garlic, Greens (Palak, Lal Saag, Methi, Sarson), Pumpkin, Bottle Gourd, Radish are all growing rapidly... as we savour as and when one of the vegetables is ready to be plucked...


Needless to say, everything is freshly picked and are chemical free... If I can do it by spending a little time, I don't see why you all cannot start growing your own Vegetables to EAT HEALTHY and STAY HEALTHY while SAVING your MONEY...


The 80 Photographs Album is shared in my Facebook Page: 
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment