Saturday, September 25, 2010

RAM RAM (25th September 2010, 1025 Hrs)

No, it is not a religious post or else about the sun sign Ram, as many may have thought by just reading the title... I am glad you have not overlooked or neglected to read this lovely post...

Every morning during my practice run I encounter few people, who have become regular now but today, something beautiful happened. Beautiful because it made me smile so early in the morning. I was running when I saw a very old man, perhaps in his mid-eighties, on the other side of the road. Without much thought, I was just passing by him when out of the blue, this great man said aloud – “Ram Ram!” And with a smile I responded to him cheerfully “Ram Ram kaka”... It was so unexpected and impromptu...

Now many people will wonder what makes this ordinary old man in his mid-eighties so great in my eyes... well, in my beautiful country “Ram Ram” is a beautiful loving way of greeting each other by village folks. This old man, whom I don’t even know or seen earlier, who could barely stand erect because of his old age, was taking his early morning walk and said to me in such a loving way “Ram Ram” that it brought the first smile of the day for me... What a beautiful start for a day to start with a loving smile blessed by the ordinary, yet great, man with whom I have no connection at all. And while I was passing by, I heard behind my back his loud voice again and again greeting whosoever was passing by him...

Such loving passion to greet strangers on the street, I wondered how beautiful his upbringing must have been as compared to most of us, including me of course! He might be a highly educated person or may be one among the less fortunate for not being able to study at all in his lifetime. But one thing reflected for sure by his love to share a very good morning with fellow citizen that his upbringing must have been just-just so perfect, beautiful and amazing in all the respect! What a way man! I tell you, in my mind after that moment I was having a debate as to why everyone is not like this great old man... who not only gets joy in greeting others but also give joyful smiles to others with just two simple words – “Ram Ram”!

Tomorrow onwards, I will also try this magical words with strangers I meet or cross during my early morning run. I maybe or may not be as lucky as the loving old man to get response from others, but no matter what... I will spread the cheer in others life just like he taught me so early in the morning... I am sure if I happen to meet him again, I would love to spend some time with the loving Kaka (uncle in a respectful manner) to learn some more beautiful lessons of life!

Thank you Kaka for touching my life in such a beautiful way! Hats off to you with my deepest regards and respect for you!!! You have taught me how to smile without any reasons at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment